26 PLACE VENDÔME

FRÉDÉRIC BOUCHERON, THE CREATION OF A MYTHIC ADDRESS

In 1858, Frédéric Boucheron, who came from a family of drapers, set up a jewelry shop under the arcades of the Palais Royal, in the Galerie de Valois.
The Maison decided to expand in 1893. At the time, business was still conducted in private rooms in apartments, but Frédéric Boucheron, who was forward-thinking and blessed with intuition, decided to move his shop onto the street at No. 26, thus becoming the first contemporary jeweler in Place Vendôme.
The address was perfect: right on the corner of Rue de la Paix and the square. It was a particularly sunny spot, and the large green marble arches designed by Frédéric Boucheron were bathed in this incredible light throughout the day and until late in the evening.

MORE THAN A PRIVATE MANSION, A FAMILY HOME AND AN “ART DE VIVRE”

By choosing to settle in the former Nocé Hôtel Particulier in 1893, Frédéric Boucheron created a showcase that would later be established as a historical monument, in 1930. He managed to preserve and enhance the architecture of this welcoming and precious place.

More than just a location, he established an art de vivre, by welcoming his clients as if they were in their own home, at the very center of the Maison’s creation. Indeed, there reigns an exceptional atmosphere, imbued with a genuine “family spirit”, a spirit preserved and adapted by the successors of Frédéric Boucheron who each contributed their own style and personal touch.
At 26 Place Vendôme, the special atmosphere gives the impression of entering a private home and being welcomed into a family.

FOUNDER OF FRENCH HIGH JEWELRY

When Frédéric Boucheron founded the Maison Boucheron in 1858, he immediately asserted himself as an enlightened, bold and visionary thinker.
His workshop, which was set up above the boutique at 26 Place Vendôme in 1893, became a legendary hive of creation and design. Since then, the Boucheron artisans have continued to shape the contours of a French High Jewelry as bold as it is free.